Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
That was me with the private message most likely :)
Just wanted to understand your question better, but now it's clear that you are looking forward to upgrading your OS rather than scatt-software.

Rest assured, SCATT USB works perfectly fine with newer OS versions like Windows 10
However, it would be a good, tactical choice to make sure that your firmware is up to date before moving Operaing Systems, as firmware updates usually go smoother with older Windows versions. Here's a quick rundown:

First, close SCATT Pro program and all other programs, disconnect the trainer and download this program

There is one important detail about firmware updates - everything should be carried out one device at a time.
Launch the firmware updater program - a blank window entitled "Plug in device to update" should appear.
View attachment 261
1) We recommend starting with the optical sensor. With the application window open, plug in just the sensor (nothing else) - it should detect the sensor (some text will show up) and enable the "Update" button in your bottom-left corner in case an update is available. Hit the Update button and wait for it to complete
View attachment 262
2) Then disconnect the sensor and connect just the target control box. Should look like this:
View attachment 263
Hit the "Update" button again if it's enabled
3) Disconnect your target control box. Proceed to connect the target frame to the target control unit and plug both back into your PC. Initiate an update once again so your target is all set too.
View attachment 264
After this is done, you can go ahead and forget about Windows 7 for good ;)
Hello, I have succesfully upgraded the optical sensor but I fail to upgrade the controler.I get a message that it is locked or a message that-cannot load firmware from resource!

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I get a message that it is locked or a message that-cannot load firmware from resource!
Could you attach a screenshot of said error message, please?

Your highest shooting achievement
national champion free pistol 2004 and standard pistol 2011 Greece
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Could you attach a screenshot of said error message, please?
[/QUOTE]

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
OP
T
XTC Master
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
15 Posts
6 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Is it possible to fix the problem?
I hope you are lucky and it is possible. I recently spent weeks getting a firmware upload problem resolved, including sending my optical sensor to the service center. I am never, ever, EVER "upgrading" software or firmware again.

Tim

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Is it possible to fix the problem?
This might be happening when the kits' firmware hasn't been updated in a while and the user is making a transition to a newer PC/laptop with USB 3.0 ports. We highly recommend updating the firmware on older machines with USB 2.0 ports first before moving on to modern PCs.

Does this error message pop up only with the control box? How did the update go with the target frame/sensor?
Also, does the SCATT Pro software give you any error that makes practice impossible or you just wanted to update the firmware as part of routine maintenance?

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I hope you are lucky and it is possible. I recently spent weeks getting a firmware upload problem resolved, including sending my optical sensor to the service center. I am never, ever, EVER "upgrading" software or firmware again.
Unfortunately, you happened to fall victim to a 1 in a 1000 case :(
Cases like yours should not deter users from upgrading the firmware, as it's the right thing to do as far as maintenance is concerned.

In fact, the opposite of your approach should be the rule of thumb here, since being afraid of going through timely updates puts your kits' firmware too far behind. This could actually be the main reason why you ran into such a hassle with your upgrade

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
This might be happening when the kits' firmware hasn't been updated in a while and the user is making a transition to a newer PC/laptop with USB 3.0 ports. We highly recommend updating the firmware on older machines with USB 2.0 ports first before moving on to modern PCs.

Does this error message pop up only with the control box? How did the update go with the target frame/sensor?
Also, does the SCATT Pro software give you any error that makes practice impossible or you just wanted to update the firmware as part of routine maintenance?
SCATT did not recognise any of the devices.Same message pops up for control box and target frame.I am still looking for usb 2 pc.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
SCATT did not recognise any of the devices.Same message pops up for control box and target frame.I am still looking for usb 2 pc.
Maybe you could re-install the drivers to fix this?
I will DM you my WhatsApp - please, install TeamViewer on your PC, I'm going to connect to you via remote access and troubleshoot in real time

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
When this message is on the screen
https://prnt.sc/vp2bko
The two red leds keep flashing rapidly but nothing happens.If I unplug and replug several times the first message will eventually pop up.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
When this message is on the screen
https://prnt.sc/vp2bko
The two red leds keep flashing rapidly but nothing happens.If I unplug and replug several times the first message will eventually pop up.
Ok, let me connect to you and run some diagnostics real quick when you have time
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
6 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Ok, let me connect to you and run some diagnostics real quick when you have time
Looking forward to hearing from you,
I downloaded teamview how do we connect?