Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I am shooting air rifle (standing rested Position) . And I have a question regarding the "Speed curve" In the attached jpg you see the last 2sec blue line is me and red line is my colleague . does anybody know what I´m dooing wrong ?

BR Werner

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello!

Could you attach your practice file, please? This way we could provide a more thorough and precise analysis
Hard to give appropriate tips with just one graph completely detached from the entire practice session

Looking forward to hearing from you,

OP
W
Your highest shooting achievement
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello!

Could you attach your practice file, please? This way we could provide a more thorough and precise analysis
Hard to give appropriate tips with just one graph completely detached from the entire practice session

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Attachments

OP
W
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
hi Peter,
this is my latest trainingsfile

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
First of all, judging by the practice file, you really know what you are doing when it comes to shooting. Obviously, it's partially due to the nature of the rested exercise, but still the fundamentals are looking very sharp.

A solid and consistent approach throughout the entire session
1611919028156.png
Thus, upon looking through the session, I can't pinpoint any glaring mistake you are making in regards to how you operate the rifle.

However, I think you could experiment with your shooting gear and improve the hold stability this way. The peaks on the Speed Graph clearly correlate with a heartrate (of around 95-97 BPM). These fluctuations are (most likely) caused by how your heartrate is amplified by either a pretty stiff jacket or undergarment that is not thick enough to buffer the effects of your hearbeat

On top of that, your grip might be too tight judging by the comment you've left on the practice file. The less relaxed you are, the more your heartrate affects your hold stability and the more your (allegedly) stiff jacket amplifies this effect.

I'd recommend looking into different undergarment materials or maybe switching to a less stiff jacket.
Well, that's the best insight I got. Perhaps, some real experts like @CharlesD could chime in and drop some knowledge :)

Last edited:
OP
W
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
hi Peter
thx a lot for your answer. I tryed some small adjustments (trigger and grip position) ..it looks good a t the moment.
BR.Werner

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Always happy to assist ;)

OP
W
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
one more question ... is there a special function in scatt to see 40 shots on one image (like that one in your answer)? I can only see only 10 shots on one image ...

thx a lot
Werner

Last edited:

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
one more question ... is there a special function in scatt to see 40 shots on one image ? I can only see only 10 shots on one image ...
SCATT Pro software is indeed limited to groups of 10
The screenshot I've attached above is from an internal build of upcoming SCATT Expert update that's going to have this feature implemented with more than 10 traces. Also, the mobile app already has this feature, but doesn't support the files recorded in SCATT Pro yet

So although it won't be possible in Pro (due to old software restrictions), the feature is coming soon and you will be able to utilize it in the future. Can't say for certain when, but I'll do my best to notify you when the updates drop. Sounds good?

Reactions: SRA
OP
W
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes