Shooting with dryfire at 10 intead 25 meter issue

1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I am playing dry fire indoors with a 10m ISSF Air rifle using a "scatt basic".
The target is on the other side of a large room just over 10 meters away.
The accuracy is almost perfect and I don't notice big differences compared to real distance shooting.

Using a 22 caliber gun (ISSF 25 meters Pistol Target) I printed the recalibrated target at 10 meters
and the print is proportional, about 2.5 times smaller as stated on https://www.scatt.com/target-scale.

The problem is that the "scatt basic" software doesn't seem to recalibrate the score in the same way.
The values I get indoors are higher than I get in range when I really shoot at 25 meters.
It could be a great satisfaction, but ... :)

Am I wrong or is the software missing a distance parameter to calculate the correct score?
Any suggestion?

Bye

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
11 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I wonder if the discrepancy in score is due to deviations inherited from the weapon. Scatt may not account (and arguably, should not) for inaccuracies due to the firearm / ammo / recoil / distraction by noise...etc but not due to the aim. It would be interesting to see if Scatt produces similar scores at an actual 25m session.

There was also another thread about distance between the target and the Scatt vs the eyes. 1m (distance between Scatt and eye) in a 10m shoot maybe 10% difference. That same error extrapolated to 25m, with different sizes of bullseyes may be more pronounced.