Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
1 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi - Unpacked my USB Scatt after some time and installed Pro on a new(ish) laptop. Very familiar with IT & Scatt but could not get the system to work - does not pick up the barrel-mounted sensor (i.e. no trace) or dry fire. Problem seems to be that when I run Scatt Pro, the software only identifies a (non-existent) Wireless Scatt and is not picking up my wired USB connection. Have tried all the usual suspects, reinstalled software and drivers, tried manual driver installation, tried alternate laptop, etc. No joy - anyone else had this or have any thoughts?

Admins - is it possible to unbundle the drivers so I can only give Windows one option (the wired USB) for the driver? Assuming that this is the problem...

Thanks!

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
1 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
There is a hardware diagnostic tool on the Scatt,com download page. You can check whether the sensor is recognised. I had a similar issue. The sensor had a bad usb connection (bad cable) and was solved quickly with the help of Peter.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hi - Unpacked my USB Scatt after some time and installed Pro on a new(ish) laptop. Very familiar with IT & Scatt but could not get the system to work - does not pick up the barrel-mounted sensor (i.e. no trace) or dry fire. Problem seems to be that when I run Scatt Pro, the software only identifies a (non-existent) Wireless Scatt and is not picking up my wired USB connection. Have tried all the usual suspects, reinstalled software and drivers, tried manual driver installation, tried alternate laptop, etc. No joy - anyone else had this or have any thoughts?

Admins - is it possible to unbundle the drivers so I can only give Windows one option (the wired USB) for the driver? Assuming that this is the problem...

Thanks!
Hello there,

1) First of all, we highly recommend updating your USB-drivers
Basically right-click everything under the USB section in your Device Manager and hit "Update"
1585047052892.png
2) Also, going through Windows updates would be a good idea if you got some available but not intalled yet
3) If the issue is still there it would make sense to try changing the USB-port and - as ReneW mentioned above - utilize our diagnostic tool - here's a direct download link for your convenience

You basically close all programs (SCATT Pro in particular, as both programs will interfere with one another otherwise), boot the freshly downloaded software and connect your whole kit - if there are no issues, all three components (the sensor, control unit and the target) shall show up. Feel free to reply here with a screenshot if you'd like to double-check what you see just in case ;)

IF your optical sensor doesn't show up in the program's window, it's most likely due to a faulty cable - we'll be happy to swap it for free through one of our dealers - just make sure that it's actually the cable by cross-testing your trainer with another PC/laptop if possible

Your highest shooting achievement
Airrifle
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
19 Posts
9 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers

Thanks!
Hi, my name is Willi.
When I got my MX-W2 the Windows 10 computer wouldn't recognize the SCATT, it was a faulty cable.
Peter suggested to try a different cable, it is working perfectly now.

Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi!
I hope You can help me!
I have got a connection problem with my old Scatt Usb Wired. "There is no Target" is the problem in the Diagnos. The Dip Switch in the Target is set to Zero. Let's take a look at my Attachments. Usb Diag Tool Screen Shot, Firmware Upd Screen Shot, Firmware error message Screen Shot message when Scatt starts, And the Usb Diag Log.
I think there has to be a cable error from Target Controller to the Target, or The Target is out of order?
I run Windows 10 and the Scatt Drivers and Software are newest releases. Downloads comes from Scatts own site.
I run Scatt MX-2 in the same Win10 laptop without problems.
Thank You!
Best Regards: Ari-Jukka Sweden

Attachments

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I hope You can help me!
Hello,

Please, install TeamVewer (a free app) on your PC and text me on WhatsApp (I'm sending you a private message now)

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hi!
I hope You can help me!
I have got a connection problem with my old Scatt Usb Wired. "There is no Target" is the problem in the Diagnos. The Dip Switch in the Target is set to Zero. Let's take a look at my Attachments. Usb Diag Tool Screen Shot, Firmware Upd Screen Shot, Firmware error message Screen Shot message when Scatt starts, And the Usb Diag Log.
I think there has to be a cable error from Target Controller to the Target, or The Target is out of order?
I run Windows 10 and the Scatt Drivers and Software are newest releases. Downloads comes from Scatts own site.
I run Scatt MX-2 in the same Win10 laptop without problems.
Thank You!
We already have a guide on firmware updates posted here on the forum
Please, click on this link and follow the steps
You were on the right track trying to update the sensor, but the whole kit needs an update (the control box and then the box+target combo). That's basically what I wanted to attemp together via TeamViewer :) If you feel like you can try this on your own following the guide linked above - feel free to attempt it

Swiss Championship
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi Peter - I have a Scatt Installation with a friend and it suddenly stopped working today. Below the error log. I can‘t figure out what the problem is. Can you please help or possibly do remote diagnostics with him. Thanks a lot - Happy New Year. Stefan
1609608819764.png

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hi Peter - I have a Scatt Installation with a friend and it suddenly stopped working today. Below the error log. I can‘t figure out what the problem is. Can you please help or possibly do remote diagnostics with him. Thanks a lot - Happy New Year. Stefan
Sure thing, I'll DM you my contact info so your friend can text me over WhatsApp :)

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I am having a similar problem.

I have a SCATT USB system that I haven't used in several years, but worked when I last put it away. I am in a position to start shooting competitively again, and excitedly downloaded all the newest drivers, firmware, and Scatt Professional onto a windows 10 laptop.

It did take multiple tries to get the new firmware onto the OS-01 sensor and the WTC-01 target controller. But, after some persistence I followed these directions - How to update SCATT Firmware / directions – SCATT USA LLC and managed to first update the sensor, followed by the controller.

However, unplugging the controller unit, and plugging the WT-01 target into the controller unit, and then plugging the controller unit back into the computer, causes the WT-01 target red LEDs to blink continuously, but the firmware updater does not offer to update the WT-01 target.

The diagnostic tool interestingly claims that my target controller is "(wireless)", the red LEDs blink continuously on the target, and it is never registered as connected. "No targets connected."

When the diagnostic tool and firmware updater are both closed, opening SCATT Professional and trying to start practice causes the red LEDs on the target to blink about 12 times, after which I am given a message "Target is not connected(2). Check cable."

Is anyone able to help?

Attachments

Junior Olympics
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I need help please.
I have been using the basic system for all my training. I used it on a Saturday put the system away as normal and went to use the system (wired) and the program will does not find the sensor.
We went through updating drivers and still there is not a connection.
Sent for a new sensor (purchased) and attempted to set the system up again. The program still does not show a device is attached.
I then went again to check for firmware updates. The sensor shows updated, the target shows updated when all is connected however when I do the box alone the error comes up that "cannot open USB device".
Can someone help please?

Attachments

Skill Level
Beginner
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
bom Dia,

tenho um scatt device model : Mx-T02V2B , Serial number : C1F8D26E , e ja fiz de tudo ele simplesmente nao funciona , troquei de Pc e mesmo assim nao aparece os pontos vermelhos na recalibração do sensor, corri o usbdiag.exe e so me aparece a pagina como envio em anexo, o que posso fazer para resolver este problema? alguem pode ajudar?

1656754519059.png

1656754830920.png
Obrigado
Jose Costa

3º Time - WORLD SHOOTING PARA SPORT WORLD CUP CHÂTEAUROUX 2022
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers

Thanks!
I have the same problem.
After a while I tried to use my USB scatt again but only the target gives a signal. The Sensor seems to have died, I've tried several cables and nothing.
Can someone help me?

Attachments