Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
7 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
My trusty SCATT USB system has been working fine on my XP laptop running Professional software until today. I plugged it in as normal and went into the calibration mode, fired a dry fire shot, no sound was recorded and no shot either. I tried a live fire shot (air rifle) and still nothing. The 'Red' light was showing on the target frame.
I unplugged and checked all connections, they appear to be good. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them, rebooted the laptop just incase. Still no response to the calibration or sighting shot. By unplugging the sensor cable, the laptop responded with the 'bing bong' sound and again when it was plugged back in. I changed over to another USB socket just in case. Still nothing.
I plugged the USB system into my Win10 laptop, which also runs the Professional software and the "SCATT device not found" flag appeared. It did not matter which device was plugged in, as both need to connected to clear that flag.
I suspect that something has failed in the sensor. Any advice that you could offer that I can try please?
Of course it may be that the USB system is having a major sulk, as I have just obtained an MX-02 system.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
A quick update for anyone reading:
Looks like this has been successfully resolved, although Mr. Marchant is going to run some extra tests when he gets his hands on a rifle

Here's what we did:
1) Manually un-installed SCATT Pro as well as the drivers via the Add or Remove program feature
2) Re-installed SCATT Pro with this link
3) Now, the drivers from the website sometimes turn out not compatible with Win32
Therefore, we had to utilize this package
4) Then we followed this guide step by step and figured out that the electronic target could use a firmware update

Hard to tell exactly what bullet point from the list has helped, but after all the manipulations the Calibration went fine and everything seemed normal :)

OP
J
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
7 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
With the really enthusiastic direct help from Peter, my XP laptop and SCATT USB system is now back up and running, by allowing Peter direct access to the laptop, he used the procedure detailed in the above reply.