Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Trying to set up my new MX-02. During calibration, I see the red dot in the center of black circle. I have the slider set to "Max Sensitivity". Using my AR-15 service rifle. If I select "Ultra-sensitive Mode" I get automatic fire without pulling the trigger. I've downloaded the newest drivers, restarted several times. Windows (Windows 10) is up to date. MX-02 sensor shows up (green) using the USBDIAG.exe tool.

Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
John

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
487 Posts
362 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello there,

Does the trigger pull click yield a registered shot during the Calibration without "Ultra-sensitive Mode" engaged?
If you turn the mode off and the trigger actions gets picked up by the microphone just fine, you don't need the mode to begin with.
Just tick the ultra box off and keep your sensitivity slider all the way to the left side

Also, does the red Calibration dot appear stable, meaning that it doesn't blink and whatnot - stays solid all the time?

OP
J
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Peter - Sorry for being a bit vague - To answer your first question, no it did not register a shot during calibration without "Ultra-sensitive Mode" engaged. I did not realize that the slider worked in "Ultra-sensitive Mode" as well. Moving the slider to about 50% in "Ultra-sensitive Mode" resolved my problem, and allows the trigger to be picked up properly.

Thanks for your help!!
John

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
487 Posts
362 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I did not realize that the slider worked in "Ultra-sensitive Mode" as well. Moving the slider to about 50% in "Ultra-sensitive Mode" resolved my problem, and allows the trigger to be picked up properly.
Absolutely right, the ultra mode pretty much amplifies the main slider. Thus, if you left it all the way to the left side with the mode engaged, it would result in excessive sensitivity and a ton of false shots.

50% is a great move on your part, glad we have figured it out :)

Your highest shooting achievement
National Champion
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
1 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I have tried the above but still do not get the shot to register. When I put the preview mode on, I can see the target but no shot appears or red dot on the calibration meaning I am completely unable to train, do you have any advice how I can correct this? Thanks

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
487 Posts
362 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I have tried the above but still do not get the shot to register. When I put the preview mode on, I can see the target but no shot appears or red dot on the calibration meaning I am completely unable to train, do you have any advice how I can correct this? Thanks
Hello,

That's most likely due to your lighting setup judging by the symptoms you've outlined
Ambient lights from the ceiling won't cut it, since you need to have at least 1000 LUX evenly spread across the face of the target (so no dark spots, shadows and whatnot). Thus, it has to be an actual light beam that is directed at the target's face.

We highly recommend using only flicker-free LED lamps with "warm" spectrum (2700K), incandescent lights or any standard halogen lamp to ensure that not only your SCATT sensor can easily detect the target but also so that your eyesight is safe during every training session.

So it should be looking something like this for reference
1627124396563.png1627125689448.png1627125703364.png
A side-comment about the background at home
If we are talking home practice, it's far better to stick your paper target to a white/light-colored wall.
Sometimes darker walls are detrimental to the sensor's FOV, since it has to see more white "blank" around the target's black circle.