Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
287 Posts
190 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone!

We've decided to extend Round 2 for another week, it will be open through May 16th
We strongly encourage you to invite your friends who got a SCATT to this round before it ends on Saturday

Some events turned out less popular than our online poll suggested
We need the bare minimum of 10 participants (15 is better though) to consider a particular event successful

Right now 3Positions, Palma and 600 yards HP really lack in numbers...
AirPistol Women and 300m events could really use another 5 or so people :)

Also, a reminder for participants who sumbitted a PDF/screenshot and haven't replied yet - please, submit an actual .scatt file

Your highest shooting achievement
Queen Alex 2018
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Here is my attempt - you'll note there are 62 shots and two shots with zero score. In both cases the Scatt picked up the sound of me closing the bolt as a shot. Guess I may need to drop the sensitivity a bit. Up to you if this is -4 to the score or you ignore the zeros - I doubt it will impact the top place ;)

Attachments

OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
287 Posts
190 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone and thanks for participating in the 2nd Round!

First of all, medal winners as well as participants who got a baseball cap in the raffle - I will need you to message me (by clicking on my avatar and then hitting)​
1587212669351.png

We request your full names and full your mailing address to carry out the shipments

Please note that getting all the prizes out will take some time and there might be delays due to unforeseen circumstances connected with COVID-19 lockdowns. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!
So who won?
1590129382309.png
And with the TieBreaker we have the following top 3
1590129488676.png
Here is a 10-shot breakdown:
1590129657968.png
Who had the best hold stability in this event?
1590129680581.png
Who spent the most time in that Inner Ten?
1590129699238.png
Raffle Winners:
Baseball Caps (2): marcel, Szabian
Remote training with a coach (2): tuneo, markus.hartung79
Gift Card (1): Nonni

VOD:

Please, find your group attached below and once again thank you for being part of this Tournament!

Last edited:
OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
287 Posts
190 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
300m.cvs-0.png 300m.cvs-1.png300m.cvs-2.png 300m.cvs-4.png300m.cvs-9.png 300m.cvs-5.png300m.cvs-8.png 300m.cvs-7.png300m.cvs-6.png 300m.cvs-3.png

Your highest shooting achievement
GB Team
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
73 Posts
78 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Some excellent groups, particularly from the top 4.
Interesting to see that the person who had by far the best hold stability (aiming trace speed in the last 250ms), Paedu99, had a dreadful group with vertical stringing. The lateral group was fine (bull width), but vertically shots ranged from high 7s to a low 6. Does anyone have any explanation for what Paedu99's problem might be?
It is difficult to diagnose without seeing the individual shot traces, but it almost looks as if Paedu99 was using a blade foresight and getting inconsistent gaps below the aiming mark. Another possibility is variable head position on the cheekpiece, so that they are not looking through the middle of the rearsight, but sometimes a bit low and sometimes a bit high. One other possibility is that the aim is not taken at the naturally exhaled state. If the Natural Point of Aim is high, and Paedu99 stops their exhalation part way through (when the aiming mark is in the middle of the foresight, rather than when naturally fully exhaled), that can introduce some vertical inconsistency, but I have never seen it quite as bad as this.
Can anyone help diagnose what Paedu99 is doing wrong. With such good hold stability, I would expect much higher scores and tighter groups.