Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Ladies and Gentelmen!
Post your .scatt files in this thread

The Rules:
Any hit can score 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 points, a hit in the "X" rings scores 10 points and adds an "X" to the count for tie-breaking.
A perfect individual score is 450-45X.

Record three separate files with 15 shots each
So 15 for 800 yards, then 15 for 900 yards and 15 for 1000 yards

Please refer to the rulebook for a full list of regulations for this event​

Practice file requirements:
- DO NOT forget to press the Match button
- Your username in SCATT software must match your Forum username. So that we can find you if you win.
- Please set the F-coefficient (Ballistic Ratio) to 30
- “Coincide grouping with the center of the target” option is disabled (SCATT Pro software).
- No deleted shots are allowed.

You are free to take as many sighting shots as you want. You are not allowed to take extra match shots beyond the aforementioned requirements. If the submitted file will contain extra shots, they will be removed from the end of the shot list and the shooter will get a penalty of -2 points for each extra shot.

You must follow all the appropriate rules and regulations pertaining to your gun, clothing, and other equipment as provided in the official rulebook for your event. The RuleBook PDF is also attached to this thread (scroll down).

How to export the file from SCATT software? :unsure:
So just access your C://Program files(x86)/scatt (Catalog) if you are on SCATT Pro
Or follow this screenshot guide for Basic and Expert
1588609575005.png
1588609583744.png
1588609591549.png
Then just hit "Attach files" and post your file here, in this thread
1588609605327.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
9 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Peter, How do I set the shot count to 15? When I hit match, my shot count is 10 shots per relay.

Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
7 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Peter, I do not see the USA NRA LR target in the list of targets in the software that I am using ( Professional v6.80 2016-04-08). What software version has this target?

Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
23 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Peter, I do not see the USA NRA LR target in the list of targets in the software that I am using ( Professional v6.80 2016-04-08). What software version has this target?
I don't have my SCATT machine in front of me, but I think it's labeled something like "Palma XXX yards" where XXX is 800, 900, and 1000 or similar, rather than the NRA name of the target, which is the "LR" target. Also, on the older versions of the software (not sure if that would include 2016--I might still be running the 2008 version with my USB pro), the target wasn't included and you had to get a patch from Marcus Raab to add the NRA targets.

OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Please, update your software to the latest v6.83.15
You will find the Palma Course broken down into 3 targets under the NRA category
1588758886055.png

OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Peter, How do I set the shot count to 15? When I hit match, my shot count is 10 shots per relay.
Please, record three separate files with 15 shots each
So 15 for 800 yards, then 15 for 900 yards and 15 for 1000 yards
No need to change anything in settings, just stop at 15 :)

Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
7 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Please, update your software to the latest v6.83.15
You will find the Palma Course broken down into 3 targets under the NRA category
View attachment 745
Peter,
I have updated my software to Professional v6.83.15 2019-03-02 and I do not see the Palma targets in the list of NRA targets?
The target list that you show above appears to be from the Expert software? not the Professional. Should updating to v6.83.15 give me the Palma targets with the Professional software or only with the Expert software?

Your highest shooting achievement
Air15 Camp Perry Nationals 1st Woman (my only air rifle competition ever).
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
4 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
450-42X Not bad for a transgender woman!

Attachments

2019 World Long Range Championships in Trentham, NZ
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
3 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Seeing as the SCATT Professional software doesn't have the "Palma Match LR (NRA)" targets, I've shot the match on the "ICFRA TR Std Form" targets. These targets are the actual ones we shoot during the Palma match, so hopefully these are accepted.

Attachments

Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
23 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Seeing as the SCATT Professional software doesn't have the "Palma Match LR (NRA)" targets, I've shot the match on the "ICFRA TR Std Form" targets. These targets are the actual ones we shoot during the Palma match, so hopefully these are accepted.
I make a motion that Pat's scores be allowed, with 5 -> 10, and 5.1-> X. (Since the ICFRA 5 is the same size as the NRA 10, and the V the same size as the X)

OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone!

We've decided to extend Round 2 for another week, it will be open through May 16th
We strongly encourage you to invite your friends who got a SCATT to this round before it ends on Saturday

Some events turned out less popular than our online poll suggested
We need the bare minimum of 10 participants (15 is better though) to consider a particular event successful

Right now 3Positions, Palma and 600 yards HP really lack in numbers...
AirPistol Women and 300m events could really use another 5 or so people :)

Also, a reminder for participants who sumbitted a PDF/screenshot and haven't replied yet - please, submit an actual .scatt file

OP
Peter

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone and thanks for your submissions!

Unfortunately, this event turned out less successful than we anticipated, with only 3 entries meeting the requirements...
It's sad but we'll have to cancel this one :cry:

However, I took my time to compile some stats for you:
I hope you find this helpful!
1590151062853.png

On top of that, we are truly grateful for everyone's participation and decided to do a small raffle together with another cancelled thread (3Positions) - gratz to PatChampagne on their new baseball cap and feel free to find the VOD below:

P.S. for LadyboyMichelle - we couldn't use your practice file, since pretty much every single trace is broken/glitched (the same thing with your 600y HP submission but not the AR one, however). Please, look into your setup, particularly the lighting part of it. Feel free to contact me if this persists, I'll do my best to troubleshoot it. Obviously, you've been included in the raffle :)

Air15 Camp Perry Nationals 1st Woman (my only air rifle competition ever).
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
4 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone and thanks for your submissions!

Unfortunately, this event turned out less successful than we anticipated, with only 3 entries meeting the requirements...
It's sad but we'll have to cancel this one :cry:

However, I took my time to compile some stats for you:
I hope you find this helpful!
View attachment 1134

On top of that, we are truly grateful for everyone's participation and decided to do a small raffle together with another cancelled thread (3Positions) - gratz to PatChampagne on their new baseball cap and feel free to find the VOD below:

P.S. for LadyboyMichelle - we couldn't use your practice file, since pretty much every single trace is broken/glitched (the same thing with your 600y HP submission but not the AR one, however). Please, look into your setup, particularly the lighting part of it. Feel free to contact me if this persists, I'll do my best to troubleshoot it. Obviously, you've been included in the raffle :)
i was definately having lighting issues, but i dont see what the trace has to do with the score???

Yet to come !
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
4 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
For those who don't have the Palma targets - thanks for organising the competition ....

Attachments

2019 World Long Range Championships in Trentham, NZ
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
3 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the files, but they don't seem to show up anywhere after I unzip them. Can you walk me through the process of getting them imported?

Many thanks!

Patrick Champagne

Yet to come !
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
4 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the files, but they don't seem to show up anywhere after I unzip them. Can you walk me through the process of getting them imported?

Many thanks!

Patrick Champagne
Open the zip file and run the PalmaTgts.exe file - it should prompt for a location to unzip the files to.
Click the browse button and browse to the folder that your scatt program (scattpro.exe) runs in.
Personally I would untick the "Overwrite files without prompting" option
Then click unzip.
Alternatively unzip them to a temporary location, then copy the 3 files Palma8.evl, Palma9.evl and Palma10.evl into the folder where your scatt program runs.
To find the correct folder (if you aren't sure) right click the desktop shortcut to the scatt program and select "Open File Location"
Hope this helps.