Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
4 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I am combining dry fire and live shots to keep a check on it. I found it was recording a 9 as a 7 etc it was still fairly accurate with clock face placement but not with group spread.

Can anyone help

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello there,

First of all, what SCATT model/software are we talking about?
If it's not SCATT Basic, then this has to do with you practicing with a default F-coefficient/Ballistic Ratio rather than with a Coefficient that fits your gun/setup

Here is an extensive guide on this subject I've posted in other thread. Hope this helps!

Your highest shooting achievement
10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
222 Posts
149 Helpful Votes
3 Best Q&A Answers
Hi andyB,
it is worth mentioning that Scatt is far more a training than a shooting or match simulation tool. It's value mostly comes from analysing the data tables and graphs, in addition to visualizing your shooting trace. Adjusting the ballistic ratio will indeed correct the shot scores but not modify the traces and graphs, which are reliable in any case.
So as long as you have your shots and groups correctly centered, which you write is the case, don't worry too much about scores rendered by your Scatt.
David

Last edited:
OP
A
Your highest shooting achievement
keep trying
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
4 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Many thanks for the help so far. Just starting using Scatt as a coaching tool and working out what it tells me.