• Total voters

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Time Shift Graph highlights a hypothetical change in results assuming the shot could have happened sometime before it was actually taken.

Perhaps, it’s more beneficial for beginners and amateur shooters, as seasoned professionals are well aware that you can’t dodge a technical mistake by just executing a shot earlier (said mistake is going to happen anyway).

However, this graph is still a great tool for everyone looking for his or her total score ceiling in that practice session, as it clearly shows room for improvement. Check out the image to see for yourself: a 63-shot session that obviously has mistakes here and there. Our graph illustrates that a potential result could very well be at least 10 points higher (hypothetical 654.5 points against 642.7 points the shooter actually got) if aiming mistakes (like in shot №49) were eliminated.
1589805507361.png

Last edited:
Your highest shooting achievement
GB Team
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
90 Posts
118 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
aiming mistakes (like in shot №49) were eliminated.
View attachment 969
Shot 49 looks more like a trigger mistake! ;)
The aim is good through the latter part of the green and all the yellow, but then pulls off to the left during the triggering (blue) trace and continues to pull left during the early follow through (red). F-Coefficient/Ballistic Ratio looks like it is set to zero, as breach (impact point) is exactly where the aim was at the instant of trigger release. With any higher F-Coefficient/Ballistic Ratio the breach would have been even further left! The figure is a great example of how Scatt can be used to diagnose shooter faults, which would be very hard for a coach to diagnose just by watching the shooter or analysing shot impacts (which is all you can do without an electronic training aid).

Your highest shooting achievement
10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
222 Posts
149 Helpful Votes
3 Best Q&A Answers
Perhaps, it’s more beneficial for beginners and amateur shooters, as seasoned professionals are well aware that you can’t dodge a technical mistake by just executing a shot earlier
Well that for sure is a surprise!
I have always wondered how this graph could be useful and thought it might be for high-end competitors with trainers finding pro analysis in them. And bang! All wrong. Can't believe it.

By the way as I mentioned in an older post the time-shift curve is the exact opposite of the coordination curve, so it is just redundant. They only differ in scale, since coordination is the average whereas time-shift is the sum of all shot tracks. And the only reason they are opposite is that scores in the time-shift curve increase upwards, whereas coordination increases downwards (to a maximum of 10.9 per shot).

No I'm even less believing in this time-shift curve purpose. Focusing on potential score, even at entry levels, is not a good thing. Learning to work with the speeds and coordination data/graphs would certainly be more profitable.

Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
5 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Well that for sure is a surprise!
I have always wondered how this graph could be useful and thought it might be for high-end competitors with trainers finding pro analysis in them. And bang! All wrong. Can't believe it.

By the way as I mentioned in an older post the time-shift curve is the exact opposite of the coordination curve, so it is just redundant. They only differ in scale, since coordination is the average whereas time-shift is the sum of all shot tracks. And the only reason they are opposite is that scores in the time-shift curve increase upwards, whereas coordination increases downwards (to a maximum of 10.9 per shot).

No I'm even less believing in this time-shift curve purpose. Focusing on potential score, even at entry levels, is not a good thing. Learning to work with the speeds and coordination data/graphs would certainly be more profitable.

Sir, As mentioned above, even I noticed that the Coordination and Time-Shift curves are inversely correlated to each other. The peaks in one graph match the troughs in the other and vice-versa. We could use either of the graphs to plot the other, and the numerical information which both lead to, is essentially the same. That's what I was able to figure out after reading the descriptions of both graphs, and seeing the connection myself.

So I could use to Coordination graph (aggregate single shot result) and use a regression model to predict the potential increase/decrease in my overall score. And I could use the Time-Shift graph, divide it by the number of shots, and would arrive at the hypothetical single shot score over the past 1 second period.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my analysis, and please explain how could we use them differently to our advantage.
Thank You.