Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Thanks for the new version of the app. It would be great if you would post a change log somewhere.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
351 Posts
253 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Thanks for the new version of the app. It would be great if you would post a change log somewhere.
Hello there,

As far as I know, this version was mainly released due to one rare WiFi connectivity issue a couple of users had with their MX-W2s and certain Windows laptops. But I can certainly get a changelog from the devs over this weekend and post it here :) stay tuned!

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
351 Posts
253 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Yep, pretty much what I've said earlier. We have improved in-the-network sensor detection (router mode), which applies to MX-W2, as well as made some minor internal changes that a regular user won't notice (encoded in the latest firmware).

The core philosophy now is to streamline the current version of desktop Expert and put all the work hours into the mobile app. Then when the app is released, we'll come back to implementing brand new features - that's where the changelogs get exciting ;)

Your highest shooting achievement
cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "Петр, сообщение: 1734, участник: 1"]
Основная философия сейчас - оптимизировать текущую версию Desktop Expert и перенести все рабочие часы в мобильное приложение. Затем, когда приложение будет выпущено
[/ QUOTE]

Я правильно понимаю, что речь идёт о версии андроид?

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Пётр, и ещё - напомните пожалуйста, надо ли старую прошивку стирать, перед установкой новой? Я всегда стирал. А сейчас задумался.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
351 Posts
253 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Пётр, и ещё - напомните пожалуйста, надо ли старую прошивку стирать, перед установкой новой? Я всегда стирал. А сейчас задумался.
Вы про текущую версию программы, возможно? Прошивку пользователь стереть сам не может
Если про программу -технически необязательно, просто устанавливаете новую версию поверх существующей.
Но в целом не повредит удалить текущую через меню "Установка и удаление программ"

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "Питер, сообщение: 1741, участник: 1"]
Но в целом не повредит удалить текущую через меню "Установка и удаление программ"
[/ QUOTE]

Да, я именно об этом. Первоначально неправильно вопрос поставил. Но я интересуюсь потому, что пытаюсь понять - если старую версию удалить, и установить новую, то исчезнут ли из памяти предыдущие тренировки?

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
351 Posts
253 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
исчезнут ли из памяти предыдущие тренировки?
Не исчезнут. Кстати, если переустанавливать "поверх" - текущая версия по сути автоматом стирается
Но в любом случае тренировки в базе остаются - там умная директория, не привязанная к какой-то версии программы

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "Петр, сообщение: 1743, участник: 1"]
Не исчезнут. Кстати, если переустанавливать "поверх" - текущая версия по сути автоматом стирается
Но в любом случае тренировки в базе остается - там умная директория, не привязанная к какой-то версии программы
[/ QUOTE]

Спасибо! Иду попробовать.

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "Петр, сообщение: 1743, участник: 1"]
Не исчезнут
[/ QUOTE]

Обновился. Всё файлы остались нетронутыми! Пётр, Спасибо!!

Competing at Camp Perry Nationals
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Yep, pretty much what I've said earlier. We have improved in-the-network sensor detection (router mode), which applies to MX-W2, as well as made some minor internal changes that a regular user won't notice (encoded in the latest firmware).

The core philosophy now is to streamline the current version of desktop Expert and put all the work hours into the mobile app. Then when the app is released, we'll come back to implementing brand new features - that's where the changelogs get exciting ;)
Hi Peter,
I downloaded and installed the latest Expert (scattexpert-20.05.28-setup-2020-08-25_20-29) update, but now my MX-W2 no longer seems to be picking up my shots, including calibration. Is there a new setting that I need to use?
Thanks,
Mike

AR60 - Second place in Brazil / AP60 - Fourth place in Brazil
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
1 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi
I have some problem but with WS1.
I am in trouble when I try to start using it after software update..
The software opens and when I click Start it just block and I need to restart Windows for its window to close.
I look forward to any possible help.

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

I am also seeing the problem on an MX-02, running Scatt Expert on a Mac. When I check the preview checkbox, and can see the target in the video, so iI know the camera is functioning, but if I uncheck it and try to calibrate before starting the practice session, I never see the crosshair that used to be visible. When I dryfire, I can see the trigger release is picked up. Beyond that, I can’t complete a practice session. I tied to install an older version of Scatt Expert on the Mac, but I am guessing that there is something residual from the newer version installation, as I can‘t get any version to work properly. Any ideas how I might get the previous version to work properly again? Thanks.

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

I am also seeing the problem on an MX-02, running Scatt Expert on a Mac. When I check the preview checkbox, and can see the target in the video, so iI know the camera is functioning, but if I uncheck it and try to calibrate before starting the practice session, I never see the crosshair that used to be visible. When I dryfire, I can see the trigger release is picked up. Beyond that, I can’t complete a practice session. I tied to install an older version of Scatt Expert on the Mac, but I am guessing that there is something residual from the newer version installation, as I can‘t get any version to work properly. Any ideas how I might get the previous version to work properly again? Thanks.

I was able to get mine working, so disregard. There was an issue with the target.