Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
5 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Has anyone tried mounting the sensor to a Matchguns MG2? No place for Picatinny! Some folks are very critical ofScreen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.55.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.55.43 PM.png the barrel mount, but I wonder if it might be okay. Is the part that goes in the barrel made of metal or plastic?

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
19 Posts
11 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Hi, I own an MatchGuns MG2E and I am using Scatt's barrel insert to my full satisfaction.
I think the part that goes into the barrel is made of a hard type of plastic. The barrel will not be damaged by the insert, and remember as always do not overtighten ;)

Last edited:
OP
L
Your highest shooting achievement
My first centerfire match.
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
5 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Excellent! Thanks!

OP
L
Your highest shooting achievement
My first centerfire match.
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
5 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I will clarify that on the unit that I received today, the barrel insert is made of brass. The pin that expands the barrel insert is covered with tiny brass shavings, as are the threads of the screw that moves the pin. I cleaned it as well as I could with barrel cleaner but some shavings are still present. I highly recommend cleaning your barrel after using this insert, before live fire.

Last edited:

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Is the part that goes in the barrel made of metal or plastic?
It is made out of soft metals (to eliminate any chance of the mount damaging your steel barrel)
It's usually aluminum and sometimes brass (like the one that Lefty got).

And yes - if you get some shavings/tiny imperfections, feel free to clear it all up with polishing (micron) sanding paper.
Don't be afraid to remove the black oxide whatsoever and leave the metal showing ;)