Beginner
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I have InBand Electronic system that seems to work great. Wondering if a Scatt system would add to my experience and development and exactly how it works with live fire air pistol and InBand? Which Scatt unit for solo old guy playing in his basement assuming it does add to InBand feedback. and hence improvement?

Your highest shooting achievement
ramon@olympicpistol.com
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
85 Posts
57 Helpful Votes
2 Best Q&A Answers
They are different tools. I use both and have written reviews and info about the Inband and SCATT.

Think about SCATT as the tool to help you understand what happens while you are in the aiming zone (approach, hold, trigger, follow though...)

The inband gives you a result of the impact of the shot.

You can combine both or use them idependently (easier). I would not recommend using the SCATT every day (unless that's the only tool you have access to for training).

Age and place of shooting do not have anything to do in this question. What matters is what you want to get out of your shooting.

If you just want to have fun, stick to the target. If you want to learn more about your shooting and want feedback to improve, then also use SCATT.

Regarding the model, up to you and what matters most (convenience, price...) They are all great, altough the basic offers less data.

Hope this helps.

OP
O
Skill Level
Beginner
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Ramon
Thanks for feedback-I often read your comprehensive reviews.
So to clarify SCATT will work with (off?) InBand system? The black pistol sized blank circle of InBand and InBand lights are both adequate for meaningful results? Is there any software that combines the two screens into one.

Your highest shooting achievement
ramon@olympicpistol.com
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
85 Posts
57 Helpful Votes
2 Best Q&A Answers
Yes, they work fine together. You can use both at the same time, which can be distracting if you look at both screens, or just turn on the target to have the lights and use SCATT without using inband's software