How to I hook up a 2010 version to Win10?

Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I bought the Scatt Training System for my son in late 2010. He used it and eventually did very well in the Camp Perry National Small Bore rifle competition. But he moved on from competition shooting (Just graduated Medical School and will be a Navy Doc) and left me with the Training System.

I am having trouble getting the system online with my Windows 10 desktop as I would like to practice with the WWII handgun my Father left me. I have gone to the Scatt website and followed their instructions to update from the old USB system but I keep getting an "Unable to establish connection with Scatt device" message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

Please, try installing these drivers, then check if the issue goes away
If the problem persists, I need to know whether or not you have access to some older PC with USB 2.0 ports and earlier Windows (like Windows 7, let's say)? Perhaps, you could borrow one from a friend/family member?

OP
B
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Thanks for replying Peter. But installing the drivers did not seem to help. I still get the "Unable to establish a connection with SCATT device" message. The computer does recognize the Optical device and Target device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the new drivers and following the instructions on the SCATT website for old SCATT system to new Windows program. I don't have access to an earlier Windows system readily available. I will have to ask around. Or maybe check on ebay.

Thanks again,
Fred

20200613_152202_resized.jpg

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I'll DM you with personal info so we can solve this online

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
So I've connected to Blue2 and this has been officially resolved ;)
To anyone else reading or perhaps experiencing similar issues, the solution might be as easy as this:

So we manually uninstalled SCATT Pro and the drivers utilizing the "Add or Remove program" panel
1592079264442.png
and then downloaded the latest versions of both from our official website
That's basically it! My assumption is: an outdated SCATT Pro software that was already installed somehow came in conflict with the user's attempt to install the latest software. Once the obsolete one has been manually removed, everything got back to normal

Reactions: Th.
OP
B
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Many thanks to Peter for pursuing this fix. He took his valuable time to help someone (me) who didn't have a clue how to address this problem.

Problem solved !!!!(y)(y)