Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi guys, i'm shooting the airrifle for about three years. My average at the moment is 385 - 390 and i made my first steps with the SCATT. As you can see in the picture my holdingarea is across the whole 8-ring. How can i reduce this sways and movement?

scatt.jpg

Your highest shooting achievement
Master NRA HighPower
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
16 Posts
7 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I'm a "newbie" when it comes to using the Scatt BUT I "think" that the "numerical" results that you also obtain while using the Trainer is VERY important and should be reviewed. While it is very easy to look at just the trace the "numerical" results may be more beneficial to us.

Thing is, for me anyways, I'm having a heck of a time understanding what the numbers mean, what "good" numbers are, how to "improve" the numbers AND maybe most important.... realizing ( I think) how the numbers may vary according to the type of "shooting" your doing as well as the "position" your shooting from.

I'm stumbling onward.......

Distinguished High-Power
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
7 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi guys, i'm shooting the airrifle for about three years. My average at the moment is 385 - 390 and i made my first steps with the SCATT. As you can see in the picture my holdingarea is across the whole 8-ring. How can i reduce this sways and movement?

View attachment 88
Hello Sir, I’m not to sure on what position your shooting, I assume it’s offhand/standing. If that assumption is correct, let it sway! You will never stop the sway, also I’m no coach but to quote my mentor/coach/father, ” When you throw a ball in the air, before it changes direction starting it’s downward decent, the ball must stop! Your NPA should be set so your 9-3 sway is on one side or the other. Looking at your trace it would seem your are almost centered. I like mine sway to stop at my 9 because I’m a right handed shooter. You as well look like your a right handed shooter because your sway towards the 9 O’clock side looks a bit tighter. It is only one trace and it is a good shot, but way I see that trace, your MPA might be a tad low. Remember, I’m not a coach and that shot looks good to me. (wish mine could all be that good) Just my .02 LOL

OP
X
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Thank you both for your reply. I forgot its standing position. And you are right, i am a right handed shooter :)
Of course you can't stop the swaying motion, but the distribution of the shots could be more tighter. Most of them are "low" tens.

Distinguished High-Power
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
3 years
7 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Left foot remains where it is, move right foot back slightly. This will raise MPA slightly. Your sway left should stop so if you shot it would b center, before it sways back right. The ball has to stop going up before it comes down. This is the same as with pulse , my down beat is hopefully a center X before my pulse pushes shot hi.

Double Distinguished
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
30 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
you mention most are low tens, are you on call? or do you need to move the sight? left to right sway may be reduced with balance training, maybe a bit to much weight on the toes?

OP
X
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
you mention most are low tens, are you on call? or do you need to move the sight? left to right sway may be reduced with balance training, maybe a bit to much weight on the toes?
In the last few sessions i've focused on my balance and as you mentioned there was too much weight on my toes. I also registrated that the contact on my left elbow was too far towards the stomach, so i concentrate to position it exactly on the hip. Now it is much better!

Double Distinguished
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
30 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
glad it helped. i noticed one other thing on your file, but cannot say without more trace. if you set you options to record more trace before the breech, and post another 10 shots, i could tell for sure.

OP
X
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
You probably mean the approach routes?

Double Distinguished
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
30 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
opps, sorry, got you confused with pft18's file

Double Distinguished
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
30 Posts
25 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
yes, not approaching the center consistently is a sign of poor balance, inner position, or inconsistent mounting. the rifle mount needs to be slow, deliberate, and consistent.