Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello Everyone - sorry my first post is a question! I've recently acquired a Scatt WX02 system and I use a MacBook Pro. I've set the system up and initially all was good and it worked fine. Someone told me about the iOS version of the software, so I thought I'd try it out - added the sensor no problem and got to grips with the software and it worked fine on iPad for a short time, until it suddenly stopped recording shots. It did this a few times which is a bit frustrating half way through a training session - so I thought id revert back to the Scatt Expert software on the Mac Book and this is really when the problems started....... When i start the software, I can select shooter, and it recongises the sensor, however when i get to the next page of selecting target (UK, NSRA 50m selected) the "Continue" Button at the bottom of the page is greyed out - so can i cannot get past this screen. I've tried a hard reset on the sensor, and re-adding it to the network, and I've tried both connecting it to my house wifi network and also directly via its own local network - neither has any effect..... I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the expert software on the MacBook and turned my iPad off just in case it was connecting to the iPad in preference to the MacBook. Am I missing something / ding something wrong - as I'm stumped! Any suggestions / help gratefully appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 10.36.13.png

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello everyone,
So we've already cleared the faded1617653362177.png button issue with GavSB over email this morning
This usually happens when you fall behind in terms of SCATT Expert software version - the odds may increasy after trying out the mobile app, by the way, since the app forces a quick firmware update on the sensor when you first pair the trainer with your mobile device. From that point onward this extra firmware expects to work with the most up-to-date software and effectively makes the Continue button unclickable so the user does something :)

Someone told me about the iOS version of the software, so I thought I'd try it out - added the sensor no problem and got to grips with the software and it worked fine on iPad for a short time, until it suddenly stopped recording shots. It did this a few times which is a bit frustrating half way through a training session
Now the mobile app feedback here is quite concerning, let's work on that, shall we?

Connectivity issues on iPads/iPhones may start happening due to cellular assist feature (which usually makes everything worse instead of helping). I would highly recommend switching the assist thing off or in fact turning your cellular data completely off during training sessions
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings
    Settings icon
    > Cellular.
    Note
  2. Tap the Wi-Fi Assist switch (requires scrolling to the bottom) to turn it off
    View attachment 1883
Please, test it without the cellular data when you get some spare time and report on the results
I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

OP
G
Your highest shooting achievement
5 Medals in first National Open Championship
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
2 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hi Peter - thanks so much for helping this morning ...

My iPad is WiFi only I don’t have cellular data so don’t have cellular assist...? I know this isn’t an isolated issue with the iOS app, as a few people have mentioned it on other target shooting forums ... it works fine for awhile and will suddenly just stop registering shots.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
it works fine for awhile and will suddenly just stop registering shots.
Hmmm, got one similar case a month ago, then the guy just disappeared with no additional feedback :(
Any chance you could record a screencap video showing how this happens/what leads up to this, etc.?
Would really appreciate the help!