Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Dear All, I'm Maurizio from Italy.
I'm going to sell my SCATT USB training system and i would to buy a new, but I don't know whether to choose beetween SCATT Basic and SCATT MX-02 to practice with dry and live fire;
My disciplines are 10 Meters Air Pistol and 50 meters Olympic Pistol but my concern is that at 50 meters the SCATT basic it may not work well.
Any suggestions or direct experience of someone?
Thanks
Maurizio

Last edited:

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
>>I don't know whether to choose beetween SCATT Basic and SCATT MX-02
>>my concern is that at 50 meters the SCATT basic it may not work well
Hello there,

In my opinion, the primary concern here should be with the data/statistics you expect this new system to offer rather than working distance.

SCATT Basic is the model designed primarily with beginners and junior shooters in mind. Thus, it provides the user with far less data compared to our more advanced models. Less implies absolutely no graphs, no triggering stage (the blue segment) on the trace and only the most core statistics when it comes to the shot-table (the score, the time, and mm/s)

For a SCATT-experienced shooter like you who got used to working with SCATT Pro and all its graphs and stats, SCATT basic would be an obvious downgrade.

Therefore, I'm suggesting that there's really no competition between the two models in your case -> MX-02 is the choice here

OP
M
Your highest shooting achievement
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Thanks Peter for your reply.
Actually with the current software I use with the SCATT USB I have several parameters that are not present on the SCATT Basic.
I think I will buy the MX-02 version

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Actually with the current software I use with the SCATT USB I have several parameters that are not present on the SCATT Basic.
Exactly! Here is a full software feature comparison table that should help you better visualize the difference between these models
(Basic for SCATT Basic vs. Pro/Expert for SCATT MX-02)

Attachments

OP
M
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
....and there is no way to use SCATT Expert or SCATT Professionali software with SCATT Basic... :unsure: ?

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
....and there is no way to use SCATT Expert or SCATT Professionali software with SCATT Basic... :unsure: ?
Nope, Basic sensor is not compatible with Pro or Expert software.
Also, practice sessions recorded with Basic software have the .basic file extension that cannot be opened with other software solutions rather than the SCATT Basic program itself

OP
M
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Today I bought a SCATT MX-02. A big investment :shootme:

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Congratulations on the purchase! I'm sure it shall be a big step forward in terms of shooting practice efficiency :)
Here is a direct link to my at-home lighting setup post - should come in handy.
Also, feel free to come back to this thread if you need some help or have questions when the device arrives

OP
M
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Scatt MX-02 a very excellent product, more precise than my old Scatt USB. I made a illuminated box and the calibrate Is fast and good.
Peter, do y think Is It possibile to use the mx02 with scatt expert android app?
Best regards ti everyone

AR-60 598; AR-60 629,6
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
45 Posts
10 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "mamussi, post: 2328, member: 1663"]
Scatt MX-02 - отличный продукт, точнее моего старого Scatt USB. Я сделал коробку с подсветкой, и калибровка прошла быстро и хорошо.
Питер, как ты думаешь, можно ли использовать mx02 с приложением scatt expert для Android?
С уважением всем
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Мамусси, не выйдет. У тебя в MX-02 нет Wi-Fi.

OP
M
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Not even via usb / OTG-USB cable?

AR-60 598; AR-60 629,6
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
45 Posts
10 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "mamussi, post: 2331, member: 1663"]
Даже через usb / OTG-USB кабель?
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Для андроида - scat expert в "загрузке" есть только программа для MX-W2. MX-02 там не указан. Думаю, что не получится.

Уточни у Питера!

10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
222 Posts
149 Helpful Votes
3 Best Q&A Answers
My disciplines are 10 Meters Air Pistol and 50 meters Olympic Pistol
Do you mean ISSF Free-pistol, ie 50m 22LR ? I started free-pistol last year after shooting 10m and 25m in competition, and while being an immediate thrill, it was also a huge amplifier of my mistakes. The rich functionality of my MX-W2 sensor with the Expert software was a considerable help, and as I understand the Basic system lacks the analysis that precisely help you at a fair to good shooting level. If you don't care for the wire, the MX-02 does just the same, plus you can use either of the Pro and Expert software. Go for it.

OP
M
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
8 Posts
8 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I bought the MX2 SCATT System and I'm very satisfied for the feedback it gives me both dry and fire training.
I don't miss my old SCATT USB.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I bought the MX2 SCATT System and I'm very satisfied for the feedback it gives me both dry and fire training.
I don't miss my old SCATT USB.
Thrilled to hear that!

Yeah, about the app's compatibility with wired models (such as your MX-02) - unfortunately, that's a no-go :(
We've tested a bunch of potential solutions and none of them work on a consistent basis. Any workaround that could connect a wired sensor to a smartphone/tablet would inevitably cause a fraction of our userbase reporting a bunch of unfixable issues. Unless some breakthrough happens, we are not comfortable with releasing a half-working product like that so the app remains exclusive to the SCATT MX-W2 model