Can I use "Pro" software instead of "Expert" with MX W2?

SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Can I use the older pro software with the new MX W2? I recently purchased the MX W2, but I am having a hard time navigating and using the software. I watched a youtube video put of by Scatt on how to use the older Pro version of the software. The pro version seems to have more features and easier to use than the new expert software. Can I plug a USB cable into the MX-W2 and use the older software?

Your highest shooting achievement
Final at AirOShoot
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
3 years
93 Posts
65 Helpful Votes
2 Best Q&A Answers
I've been told by an MX-W2 user that it does not work. Too bad. The software is free to download and test anyway.

2018 WCH Changwon 22nd place
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 5 years
18 Posts
20 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Ramon is right. Unfortunately MX W2 does not work with Scatt professional. You're right that Pro has features that Exert lacks, and Pro is definitely easier to use. It's a shame that the most advanced and expensive sensor out there has so poor software support

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Can I use the older pro software with the new MX W2? I recently purchased the MX W2, but I am having a hard time navigating and using the software. I watched a youtube video put of by Scatt on how to use the older Pro version of the software. The pro version seems to have more features and easier to use than the new expert software. Can I plug a USB cable into the MX-W2 and use the older software?
Hello there,

SCATT MX-W2 works exclusively with SCATT Expert software.

Expert already has the vast majority of Pro features implemented
Please, make sure that you are actually running the latest version, linked below for your convenience:
Expert for Windows
Expert for MAC

Check out the print-preview tab to see pretty much all stats that are in SCATT Pro
1585638565709.png
On a side note, Expert always wins against Pro in the long run, since Expert is the software that we'll continue to develop, while Pro is getting more or less retired pretty soon (with 6.83.15 being the very last version).

Expert has a modern UI, fresh graphs, and what's more important far more potential when it comes to adding new features

p.s. Feel free to write me a DM if you need some extra help navigating Expert software

keep trying
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
4 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I tried to down load the scatt software having just purchased a WX-02 and when I tried to open the software I got the following error messageScreenshot 2020-04-03 at 08.37.52.png

Any ideas

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I tried to down load the scatt software having just purchased a WX-02 and when I tried to open the software I got the following error messageView attachment 93

Any ideas
Hello Andy!

Just FYI, this issue has nothing to do with real malicious software/threat - it's due to some internal protocols getting outdated

You need to simply force-run the app on MAC once in order to get past the error pop-up
Below is a sure-fire method:
1585897009284.png1585897020530.png

keep trying
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
4 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
got it . Many thanks

1145 3 position
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
3 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

same experience here. I wanted to sell my MX02 after purchasing a WX02 and am glad that I did not do it. Now I am using the one or the other dependent on the task my shooters have to accomplish. With youngsters, I prefer to have the WX02 in use because of easier handling and the need for a simpler feedback - you cannot argument much with statistics there. Here is the Expert better, in terms of visualisation. With shooters chasing every tenth of a ring, it is better to use MX02 for the better analytics associated with the Pro software (and this software has a long development and experience collecting history being continuously improved since the MS-DOS version in the early 90s).

It would be interesting to know if there is a plan to implement the historical features of the Pro SW into the Expert SW subsequently and if there are features that will be abandoned completely. I miss for example the possibility to set the F-coefficient manually (or did I not try hard enough?).

Curiously,
Jaro

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

same experience here. I wanted to sell my MX02 after purchasing a WX02 and am glad that I did not do it. Now I am using the one or the other dependent on the task my shooters have to accomplish. With youngsters, I prefer to have the WX02 in use because of easier handling and the need for a simpler feedback - you cannot argument much with statistics there. Here is the Expert better, in terms of visualisation. With shooters chasing every tenth of a ring, it is better to use MX02 for the better analytics associated with the Pro software (and this software has a long development and experience collecting history being continuously improved since the MS-DOS version in the early 90s).

It would be interesting to know if there is a plan to implement the historical features of the Pro SW into the Expert SW subsequently and if there are features that will be abandoned completely. I miss for example the possibility to set the F-coefficient manually (or did I not try hard enough?).

Curiously,
Jaro

Hello there,

Looks like you haven't been trying hard enough, hehe :)

F-coefficient has been recently renamed into Ballistic Ratio
It's in your most upper right corner under the three parralel line sign.
You can adjust it in Expert by clicking +/- or with a slider
1586121017396.png
1586121049872.png

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

Curiously,
Jaro
Also, please don't miss extra stats that are under the Print Preview
We have already ported pretty much everything there was in Pro to Expert
1586121195614.png
1586121202002.png

1145 3 position
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
3 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Thanks for the prompt response and being awake! (y)
I was afraid to miss my favorite features for awhile. Anyway, it helped me and I hope it helped the other readers, too!

Greetings, Jaro

1145 3 position
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
3 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Sorry to act like Lt. Columbo, but I have one question more... :unsure:
Any plans for integration of the trigger sensors and the pulse sensors with the Expert SW?

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Sorry to act like Lt. Columbo, but I have one question more... :unsure:
Any plans for integration of the trigger sensors and the pulse sensors with the Expert SW?
Pulse sensors' UI being ported to Expert is still under consideration, so can't say for sure at this point in time.
Trigger sensor's graph is more set in stone and shall be implemented after our developers wrap up the mobile app for MXW2 :)

-
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
2 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I can understand the reasoning why SCATT has migrated to the new software that has been built from the ground up, not least the ability to run the application across multiple platforms and mobile. This must have been a significant investment!

However, the "Expert" version of the software still lacks several very important features and metrics used by coaches who obviously favor for the time being the "Professional" version. It is a shame that an online file translation utility is not made available for files created on the MX-W2 for conversion onto the "Professional" version until all the features of the "Professional" version have been ported to the development stream of the "Expert" version.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
I can understand the reasoning why SCATT has migrated to the new software that has been built from the ground up, not least the ability to run the application across multiple platforms and mobile. This must have been a significant investment!

However, the "Expert" version of the software still lacks several very important features and metrics used by coaches who obviously favor for the time being the "Professional" version. It is a shame that an online file translation utility is not made available for files created on the MX-W2 for conversion onto the "Professional" version until all the features of the "Professional" version have been ported to the development stream of the "Expert" version.
Hello,

Could you pinpoint exactly what features do you miss in Expert compared with Pro, please?

-
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
2 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

Could you pinpoint exactly what features do you miss in Expert compared with Pro, please?
This will take me a little while as in the UK we are in C-19 Lock-Down and limited movement so coaching workload is through the roof! Happy to take conversation to email. Have several items you may find helpful to understand the specific metrics omitted - all of my comments are Pistol discipline centric.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
This will take me a little while as in the UK we are in C-19 Lock-Down and limited movement so coaching workload is through the roof! Happy to take conversation to email. Have several items you may find helpful to understand the specific metrics omitted - all of my comments are Pistol discipline centric.
Totally understandable in regards to the workload these days. Feel free to contact me by email (peter@scatt.com) at your convenience ;) We are going to be grateful for your insights and suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from you and stay safe!

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Hello there,

Any chance you could outline what Expert is missing?
I don't think I've received an email from you...