Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

I wish I could have a good calibration of a scatt mx.

What are your tips for getting the best calibration to get the perfect 10.9?

Thanks

Your highest shooting achievement
ramon@olympicpistol.com
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
72 Posts
40 Helpful Votes
2 Best Q&A Answers
To correct the shots after calibration :)

These videos are helpful:

OP
J
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

Ok thanks.

I have no installation problems. Just doubts to have a calibration on the "10.9". Is calibrating on a support a good practice?

OP
J
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
3 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello, Do you have more information please? Or contact details of the technical service to allow me to understand how to optimize this setting? Thank you

10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
194 Posts
110 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Hi, it is often thought that a single shot is enough to calibrate but of course that very shot can be completely missed and since you have to target you don't know. But in fact you can take as many shots as you like in calibration mode. A white cross shows the center of your group of shots. More precisely it shows the center of your aiming areas for each shot, meaning that it is not affected by the deflection at breach (finger etc.) Therefore it is the best indicator of your average aiming over a series of shots.

My advice is the following sequence:
- Begin with 3 good shots, meaning as close to each other as you can, with the white cross somewhere in the middle. If one goes too far erase the display and start over.
- When satisfied with this first step, continue to 5-6 shots. Even if one is misses (like a 7) it won't move the cross significantly. But if several are missed start over.

At that point you have a satisfying group and a good calibration already. But not very good. You can do two things:
- As a good shooter you can move on to a target where you will refine your aiming with the correction function.
- As a moderate-level shooter your risk is to make excessive corrections in all directions and loose everything. My advice then is to make a much longer calibration sequence because the computation of average aiming zone in calibration mode by the software will always be better than the series of corrections you will do manually. It is quite advisable to take 10 or 20 shots in calibration mode or even more, and there is absolutely no counterpart in doing so.

David