Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
13 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
So I calibrated the System and when I shoot it come up center, 3 shots on top of each other, but when I change over to practice the shots are all over the place. Even when I make a correction move the next shot is way off call. What am I doing wrong? Distance is 5.1 I'm using the MX-W2

Your highest shooting achievement
ramon@olympicpistol.com
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
68 Posts
38 Helpful Votes
2 Best Q&A Answers
If you are shooting at a shorter distance the parallel movement errors are amplified, so that may be the reason for getting way off call shots that do not match what you feel.

If you try with your gun in a vise or sensor fastened to a tripod (you can trigger the shot by hitting the sensor with its Allen key) do you get the same results?

10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
158 Posts
92 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Hi marshoot, the scales are completely different between calibration and shooting views because they have different purposes. In calibration mode the black circle represents a large part of the electronic sensor's detection area, which is many times wider than a target. This explains that close shot marks even touching each other in calibration view can be in fact wide apart on the target.
Depending of your shooting discipline, the smaller the target the more amplified this effect, because the angular field-of-view of the sensor remains the same whereas the angular aspect of the target decreases.

Regarding corrections, this subject has been many times discussed in the Q&A section of the forum. There is a tendency to over-correct that generates the effect you describe. Searching the forum should give you the answers you need. In short @Peter explained that you should not correct more than half at a time the error you estimate, and repeat if really needed.
David

Last edited:
OP
M
Distinguished RIfle 1998 USMC
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
13 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
IC . This is work in Progress. Now what I think is throwing me off is. I have my Red dot clear, but now the bulleye is too blury. So as I try to aim center. I'm all over the place. I'm using a FireDot Bull-Ring Reticle.

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
[QUOTE = "Davidf92, сообщение: 1630, участник: 796"]
Короче говоря, @@ Peter объяснил, что вы не должны исправлять более половины ошибок за один раз, и повторять, если это действительно необходимо.
[/ QUOTE]

Вот здесь всё полностью не понимаю. Если у меня выстрел с пулькой 10.7, а СКАТТ показывает к примеру 9.1, то почему мне надо делать поправку наполовину? А не то, что мне показывает мишень, или ASCOR?

OP
M
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
13 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
DONE. I had a Phone conference with Scatt USA and we were able to get me back on track. My System is working fine now. Thanks for your answers

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
351 Posts
253 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
Вот здесь всё полностью не понимаю. Если у меня выстрел с пулькой 10.7, а СКАТТ показывает к примеру 9.1, то почему мне надо делать поправку наполовину? А не то, что мне показывает мишень, или ASCOR?
Так запрограммирована электронная поправка. Чаще всего, если перетащить электронную пробоину прям на место реальной - произойдёт излишнее смещение группы. То есть если на экране выстрел падает в 7 габарит на 7 часов (при реальной пробоине в 10), поправка во внутреннюю десятку сместит группу слишком высоко (допустим, на 9 габарит уже 1 час). Поэтому оптимальным будет сделать первую поправку по направлению к реальной пробоине, но не доходя до неё - а потом уже смотреть насколько успешной была эта поправка и нужна ли дополнительная.

OP
M
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
High-power Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
13 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
This is how the electronic correction is programmed. More often than not, if you drag an electronic hole directly to the place of a real one, the group will shift too much. That is, if on the screen a shot falls into size 7 at 7 o'clock (with a real shot at 10), an amendment to the inner top ten will shift the group too high (say, by size 9 for 1 hour). Therefore, it would be optimal to make the first correction towards a real hole, but without reaching it - and then see how successful this correction was and whether an additional one is needed.

cjajxrfc2008
Skill Level
Junior
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Just Lurking
24 Posts
1 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Друзья, Спасибо !! И ведь всё верно! Замечал подобное, но думал что сам, что то неправильно делал. Теперь учту ваши советы (у)

Last edited: