Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
I have owned a SCATT MX-W2 for about a month now and I seem to be having a recurring calibration issue.
After I mount the SCATT to my .22 target rifle, I start a new session, click through the steps and go to calibration. Resting the rifle on a box I aim at the target and the shot generally registers on the outer part of the the bull at about 1 o'clock. So far, so good. Then I start the practice and, keeping my rifle on the box, I fire a shot on the target. If the SCATT is properly calibrated it should go directly in the bull. But it does not....the shot registers at 6 o'clock on the outermost ring of the target. Why?
I then fire 4-5 five further 'rested' shots and, using the on screen button, recalibrate each subsequent shot to the bull until, finally, a rested shot goes into the bull without requiring further recalibration.
Once I get to that point, the SCATT is properly calibrated and I can get on with my practice without any further issue.
My understanding is that, once you have fired one or two shots in calibration mode, the SCATT should automatically recalibrate such that when I return to shooting I should be able to get an accurate reading of my shots right away. Why am I having to go through this laborious additional manual calibration process while in practice mode to get to that point?
Where am I going wrong? Any advice would be most welcome.

Your highest shooting achievement
first place at the german championships
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
26 Posts
21 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
if you made the calibration shots, you get the red dot as a shot at 1´o clock in the calibration target?
Then you change over to shooting mode an then the shot is not in the bull?
do i understand this right so far?
I normally made only one calibration shot and then start shooting and it works well.
Maybe you can make more than one calibration shot, then they all should be on the same place. If not, there can be a loose assembly?

OP
G
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
2 Posts
0 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Omega24V -- Yes you have understood the issue that I am facing correctly. I have tried both a single shot calibration and multiple shot calibrations which, because I am taking the shot with the rifle rested, inevitably are grouped very tightly together. But when I then switch to practice shots, they tend to end up at 6 o'clock on the outermost ring. If I fire more shots in resting mode and us the on screen button to recalibrate, then I get there in the end. But, effectively the pre-practice calibration seems to be redundant.....which seems odd.
Thanks for your advice though.

first place at the german championships
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
26 Posts
21 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
OK; i think the problem is a little bit "homemade".
You calibrate the Scatt on a rest and shoot standing in the shoulder?
This is normal because the viewpoint to the target is different and then the shots are different.
If you make your calibration shots also on standing position the differenze is gone.
this is the way i do it and for me it works fine.

ASIAN Shooting Championships 2004
Skill Level
Professional
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Over 10 years
2 Posts
3 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Im having problem with calibration recently. The red dot is gone and unable to detect it.
Latest version of 37 been updated.

Peter

Administrator
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
491 Posts
380 Helpful Votes
6 Best Q&A Answers
Im having problem with calibration recently. The red dot is gone and unable to detect it.
Latest version of 37 been updated.
Hello,

I'm sending you a direct message with my WhatsApp number
Please, take some pictures of your target setup and send them to me - we'll work this out in no time :)