Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Hello,

I have found a fun hobby from shooting 22LR for good score past 50m also on PRS style rifles.

How would go around improving these results? I have noticed that my aimpoint after the shot does no reset back but stays up and I am addressing it now.
Do you have recommendations how to improve it or anything else to focus on? I feel a little bit stuck.

I am also training my left hand for pistol shooting test that is done with a 9mm. I have trouble finding a feeling for the grip around a Glock 17 - or any other pistol grip with that hand. Do you have advises how to start? I have now spent maybe 12 hours dry firing since my latest range visit 3 days ago and have 2 weeks until the test but I plan to develop it after that too. Will be a nice skill to surprise people at the range too :)

Thanks for any comments.

Attachments

OP
H

HLo

SCATT Rookie
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
Just to report back and finish this thread, I did about 15h of dryfire and went once to the range to test the skills. I got around 4" group from 7 meters which was quite good with a new gun model for me.

I sucked the first test but was allowed to reshoot it and I got very good results.

Your highest shooting achievement
10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
194 Posts
110 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
I am also training my left hand for pistol shooting test
Getting any kind of hit group with opposite hand after only 12 to 15 hours dry-fire, is something I would consider quite a feat if it were me. Well done!

I heard or read several times about coaches making left (or opposite) hand exercises, but never really understood the purpose of doing so...

OP
H

HLo

SCATT Rookie
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Small-bore Rifle
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
6 Posts
5 Helpful Votes
0 Best Q&A Answers
For the test I guess the reason is to make sure one can control the gun (safely) in varying styles. But not sure why military style test required it. But they have pretty much copied the IPSC test.

Weak hand shooting seems to be somekind of real thing among LEO, not much anything else. So in IPSC it might be a remnant of those days.

Your highest shooting achievement
10m pistol French Championship qualifications
Skill Level
Amateur/Hobby Shooter
Primary Discipline
Air Pistol
SCATT Experience
Less than 1 year
194 Posts
110 Helpful Votes
1 Best Q&A Answers
It is more ISSF 10m pistol and 25m small-bore pistol national/international competition training that I had in mind. Not something widespread, only some known trainers doing it, at least in France. There sure is a good reason...

Regarding a test is does make sense to me: I suppose it requires more actual thinking and attention than with the usual hand and thus might reveal weaknesses in security procedures. Good test indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: HLo